Honda Canada Inc. Celebrates Record Core Model Sales in 2018Blog Mar 14th, 2019
Honda Canada Inc. (HCI) today reported annual sales of 195,379 units by the Honda and Acura divisions combined. The Honda Division reported consistent sales year-over-year of 175,042 units sold, overcoming unfortunate production Fit and HR-V shortages due to flooding at a Celaya, Mexico manufacturing facility. The Acura Division topped last year’s sales with 20,337 units sold, surpassing the 20,000-unit sold threshold for the fourth consecutive year.
“The strength of our core business helped us persevere through a number of significant challenges to achieve our goals in 2018,” said Jean Marc Leclerc, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Honda Canada Inc. “We achieved impressive sales results and were otherwise on track for a record-setting year, despite low inventory caused by the flooding in our Celaya, Mexico plant.”
“The Honda Civic remained Canada’s favourite passenger car for the twenty-first consecutive year, while our truck lineup also excelled, led by the record-breaking CR-V,” Leclerc added.
“Our overall lineup already had one of the lowest emissions in the country and in 2018 we continued to build on our long history of environmental leadership by introducing both the Clarity Plug-in Hybrid and the Insight Hybrid to our fleet,” added Leclerc.”
“The next chapter of Acura’s storied history was written in 2018 as we applied our Precision Crafted Performance principles across our entire lineup and topped 20,000 units sold for the fourth consecutive year,” said Emile Korkor, Brand Leader for Acura Canada. “The refreshed lineup, led by
our fully redesigned, record-setting Acura RDX, injected enthusiasm for the brand that overwhelmingly resonated with Canadians.”
2018 Honda Canada Inc. highlights
• Honda Civic became Canada’s best-selling passenger car in Canada for the 21st consecutive year
• With nine years of consecutive annual sales growth, Honda CR-V had its best year ever with 54,879 units sold, crossing the 50,000-unit mark for the second consecutive year
• Honda Civic, Accord and CR-V celebrate #1 retail sales in their respective segments
• Acura brand posts fourth consecutive year of more than 20,000 unit sales
• Acura RDX had its best year ever with 8,890 units sold versus the previous best in 2017, marking seven years of consecutive sales growth for the luxury SUV