2023 Honda Trail125 ABS makes its Canadian DebutBlog Feb 16th, 2023
Honda Canada is pleased to announce that the 2023 Honda Trail125 ABS will be making its Canadian debut this spring.
The Honda Trail125 ABS resurrects a revered brand by injecting a healthy dose of practical design and hassle-free technology to create a miniMOTO that pays tribute to the past while adapting easily to modern lifestyles.
Debuted in 2019 as a concept model at the 46th Tokyo Motor Show, nearly 60 years after the original 1961 Trail 50 was released, the Trail125 received rave reviews from the public, and was followed up with many requests for a production model in Canada. That wish is now being granted with the Honda Trail125 ABS rolling into the Canadian miniMOTO line up, introducing riders to the thrills of riding on pavement and backroads alike.
Honda’s designers kept the iconic aesthetic, simplicity and ruggedness that propelled the purchase of hundreds of thousands of CT-series machines over six decades, while updating the motorcycle to a modern package. The Trail125 is powered by a semi-automatic, air-cooled 125cc four-stroke, single-cylinder engine with modern conveniences such as PGM-fuel Injection, electric start, a full LED lighting package and disc brakes with front wheel ABS. The backup kick start, high air intake, upswept exhaust, spoked rims, standard skid plate and cargo rack add a ruggedness that is unique to this bike in the miniMOTO portfolio, readying it for any adventure, big or small.
“We are extremely excited to bring the Honda Trail125 ABS to Canada, it’s a bike that Honda fans and consumers have been waiting for,” said Ryan Kelly, Assistant Vice President of Powersports and Power Equipment, Honda Canada. “Honda has been a perennial leader in the dual sport and miniMOTO spaces for decades and with the introduction of the new Trail125 ABS to our lineup in Canada, we know it will be a successful bike that Honda enthusiasts will embrace.”
Other features and benefits:
- Classic styling: Pays tribute to the generations of Honda Trail motorcycles that have come before it, including the original 1961 Trail 50 by preserving the symbolic elements such as the upswept muffler, air-cleaner cover, fuel tank, rear carrier, steel front fender, turn signals, foot pegs and handgrips.
- Modern Engine: The 125cc four-stroke, single-cylinder overhead-camshaft design with programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) with automatic enrichment and electronic ignition ensure trouble-free starting and efficient operation in every conceivable condition.
- Semi-automatic transmission: The heel-toe shifter and no clutch lever make shifting the four-speed transmission a breeze
- High air intake and upswept exhaust: Provide better clearance from dirt and water
- Disc brakes: Front and rear disc brakes with front wheel ABS help in making controlled stops in less-than-ideal situations, without impacting off-road capabilities
- Off-Road capable: Capable ground clearance, skid plate, spoked rims and back up kick-start make the Trail125 ABS ready for any adventure.
The 2023 Honda Trail125 ABS will be available for sale at Canadian dealerships in April.
Selling Price – $5,649
Includes MSRP ($4,971), Freight, PDI & Fees ($678)
Colour – Glowing Red
For more information and to stay up to date with all Honda product releases, please subscribe for updates at www.hondanews.ca
# # #
About Honda Canada Powersports
Honda Canada Inc. was established in 1969 and is the sole distributor of Honda motorcycles, scooters, ATVs and side-by-sides in Canada. Innovative technology has always been a Honda trademark, showcasing pioneering engine and chassis design that has set the standard in Powersports engineering for more than 60 years. Honda Canada’s Powersports Division is responsible for sales, marketing, and operational activities for these products through authorized Honda dealers in Canada. For more information about Honda Canada motorcycles, ATVs and side-by-sides please visit: https://motorcycle.honda.ca/ or https://atvsxs.honda.ca/