What to do in case of an accident

Collision Centre

Being involved in a collision can be confusing and upsetting to all parties involved. Knowing what to do can help alleviate some of the stress.

You should contact police immediately if your collision involves:

  • Danger to motorists at the scene of the collision
  • Personal injury
  • Any criminal activity, such as impaired driving or stolen vehicles
  • A government vehicle of any kind
  • A vehicle which is transporting dangerous goods
  • Damage to third-party property, such as a parked car where the owner is not at the scene
  • Damage to private, municipal or highway property
  • A pedestrian or cyclist
  • An uncooperative driver

Additionally, if damage to your vehicle appears to exceed $2,000, you should contact police. Under the Highway Traffic Act, the duty to report exists for any collisions where the damage exceeds $2,000 combined. Furthermore, regardless of the nature of the accident, law dictates that drivers must provide information to one another.

If your collision occurred in Richmond Hill, Markham or Vaughan or you live within York Region – and providing your collision does not involve any of the above – you have to option to report the incident at the Collision Reporting Centre, found at the Community Resource Centre in Richmond Hill.

If your vehicle is not drivable call our Honda Approved Collision Partner

Supreme Collision 24 Hour Helpline at 1-855-320-6400

If your vehicle is drivable and require an estimate please see our Honda Preferred Collision partner at one of their 3 locations. http://www.supremecollisioncentre.ca/index.html